CHOY-FM, French - Choix 99.9 , Moncton
Maritime Broadcasting System Limited
On August 24, Denis Losier’s application for a French FM station at Moncton was approved. The station would operate on 99.9 MHz with an effective radiated power of 9,500 watts. Denis Losier would hold 51% of the common shares of the licensee company to be incorporated. The remaining 49% of common shares would be held by Maritime Broadcasting System Ltd., which operated two English-language radio stations in Moncton - CKCW and CFQM. The new station would share the premises and administrative services of Maritime Broadcasting in Moncton.
CHOY-FM signed on the air.
In the spring, CHOY switched formats from Adult Contemporary to Classic Hits.
On December 19, the transfer of effective control of CHOY-FM Limitée from Radio Diffusion Acadie Inc. to Maritime Broadcasting System Limited was approved. CHOY-FM became a wholly owned subsidiary of MBS.
At 6:00 a.m., February 5, Moncton’s French radio station – Choix 99 (CHOY) – started offering a Country music format as L’Acadie Country. CHOY had offered a Classic Hits format.
Studios and offices were noted as being at 1000 boulevard St-George, Moncton.
Maggie Daley was the new director of promotions for 103.9 MAX FM/K94-5/Choix 99.9 Moncton. She succeeded Matthew Cacchione who was promoted to operations manager for the cluster.
On August 8, the CRTC administratively renewed the licence for CHOY-FM until August 31, 2013.
This site is archived.
This website has now been archived, as of August 1st 2022, and no further information is being added beyond the last dates show in each section. Newer information will no doubt be available elsewhere on the Internet, and a list of some of the possible sources (as at August 1st 2022) is available here.